April 02, 2008

Call.. Nanny 911? Oh, no....

I saw the “Nanny 911” in the television last night. It’s a kind of reality show in UK about alternative education in a family, especially how parents faced their kids in difficult situation. It’s a kind of service for babysitting. When the parents already frustrated with their kids, they could call “Nanny 911” and one of them will help you. One family, one nanny, one week and the problem would disappear. The nanny will observe the family and give alternative solutions. Every family member will involved until good communication built around them.

From last night episode I learned that kids often too much dependent from us, their mom, because we don’t give them obligation to do small things, like tidy up their own bed, keep their clothes in wardrobe neat and in order, wash the dishes after meal, so many little things around us…

So..from now on we should give "simple daily assignments" for our children. For me, sometimes it's difficult because like other children in the world, they often do their 'simple jobs' very, very long....need hundreds of minutes !

You know, I'm not a kind of patient mother for my own children... (of course I'm very patient to somebady else's children, hahaha...)., but I'm not give up to try, try and try....

Hope I would never need or call Nanny 911!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it the same as super Nanny? In here that programme is from UK also. The nanny is beautiful and "pudgy" looking. If it is the same as what you are talking about, boy...she is good in handling such attitude!

henny said...

Actually there are 3 nannies, not all of them has the looking the way you said. One nanny go for one family on each episode. Maybe it could be the same programme, but has different title.

Xtina said...

I love watching "Super Nanny", the nanny's name is Jojo. It is different show from "Nanny 911", but I think the substance are almost the same!