April 16, 2008

CAPPUCHINO WHISKER

I'm a big fan of coffee, usually I made it myself in the morning when the kids have gone to school. I enjoy my coffee while opening my email or writing something new to my blog. I felt like I was in a cozy cafe, only it was in the comfort of my own home, relaxing. How nice it is to start a new day like that!

But still I've got a rule about coffee at home. Even coffee is just for me and my husband, kids could still enjoy and taste our coffee for only 1 swallow or 2. I know the coffee's aroma really 'tempted' to their nose...

Breaking the rule....

But oneday the rule was not valid anymore when we all visit my friend, Widi, at Bandung. She's an architect and still has good carreer in that field, not like me that has chosen "different pathway".
Since there is no kid at her home, the arrangement of the households is neat, everything is in order and nicely to see. We all like to be at her home.
Widi knew very well to threat my kids. Since all my kids love cheese very much, she gave them the best cheese cake in town. With 'auntie Widi' they also made milk-coffee mix drinking in real cups at her little bar table, at the corner of her small kitchen. Auntie Widi said it was 'Kid's Cappuchino because milk took really 'big big' portion than the coffee itself (that's why I permitted my kids).

The magical whisker...

The most interesting part to them is auntie Widi's Cappuchino whisker, a mini version of egg whisker that opperated by 2 small batteries and could make a thick foam on the surface of the Kid's Cappuchino, like the real Capucchino. Surely they all excited with that amazing tool, they try over and over again in their cups.
Soon after we arrived at Semarang, our home town, I should to look around from one store to another, trying to find the same cappuchino whisker that Widi has because my kids never stop to asked me. They also tried my real egg whisker to make the foam, but it didn't work. Kids never give up and always excited to new things! We should learn this from them.
Until this time I couldn't find it, maybe I should have to order from Widi or e-store...

4 comments:

Xtina said...

Hi Henny, Have you ever try to mix tea with the whipped milk? It is better to use a kind of chai tea and brown sugar then add a whipped milk (use the "whisker machine" to whip the milk) on top of it. I bet you, your kids will like it.

Anonymous said...

Great idea... thank u, but first I should to buy "the whisker" first, I still couldn't find it at any stoore here..

Xtina said...

oh yes the whisker machine usually called a "Milk Frother" Maybe in Indonesia its available in big supermarkets like makro, giant, carrefour etc. Its a cute gadget isn't it and you just gotta have it coz its cute!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank u again. I'll tell you if finally I could find.